Benefits of Using NMC Material Handling for Your Lift Truck Fleet Management
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Getting the most out of your company’s forklifts and other material handling equipment can be a tall order â€” especially if you operate a large fleet. NMC Material Handling can provide premium fleet management services to companies in many parts of Nebraska, Iowa and North and South Dakota, that can keep your lift trucks on the job and lower your operating costs.
We’ve been providing top-notch equipment sales and service to the region since 1938 â€” you can trust our decades of experience and expertise to deliver a cost-effective fleet management solution for your material handling operation.
What Is Fleet Management?
Fleet management entails the implementation of a series of tasks designed to maximize equipment uptime and increase efficiency. These days, a well-crafted fleet management strategy includes a combination of a site and equipment audit, preventive maintenance, operator training and advanced technologies such as communications software, data analytics, and state-of-the-art electronics. The result is an integrated management solution that enhances equipment performance and longevity.
Fleet Management Offers a Host of Advantages
When implemented effectively, a fleet management program can deliver many benefits to your company, such as:
- Lower Lift Truck Repair Costs:Â Think about how much of your equipment budget goes toward repairs. A fleet management program that includes scheduled maintenance can detect and correct potentially significant mechanical issues that could develop into expensive repair bills down the road. NMC offers a variety of flexible maintenance and repair programs that will fit your company’s lift truck service requirements.
- Matching Equipment With Your Applications:Â Too many companies have a fleet containing equipment that doesn’t match their typical material handling tasks. Our services include comprehensive fleet audits â€” we can help you determine which machines in your fleet are essential to your operation, as well as which ones you can do without or have become obsolete. Consequently, you’ll get the maximum value for your lift truck dollar.
- Improved Operator Performance:Â Even a high-quality lift truck is only as good as the person operating it. We can provide expert operator training for your team that will result in increased productivity â€” and safety. You’ll likely experience a reduction in workplace accidents that too often lead to damaged goods and equipment â€” not to mention costly injuries. We can also make recommendations for safety equipment that will contribute to a less hazardous work environment.
- Enhanced Equipment Management:Â You will have access to an abundance of data that will help you manage lift trucks more efficiently. For example, you’ll receive an alert when it’s time for lift truck service, and you can also track the movement of your machines in real-time. You’ll have greater control over every lift truck in your fleet than ever.
- Excellent ROI:Â By helping to improve lift truck performance and longevity, lowering your operating costs and maximizing equipment uptime, our fleet management services provide a strong long-term return on your investment. You’ll notice the difference in the aspect of your business that matters the most: the bottom line.
Contact usÂ to learn more about how the fleet management services from NMC Material Handling can benefit your company.